Navigation Bar

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring is on the way...kind of!

It has come to my attention that some people think the only thing we do in my house is cook.  Although we do a lot of cooking, there are other things we do throughout the day.  Cooking is just something special that Brenna and I enjoy doing together.  Last Tuesday, before I got nasty sick on Wednesday I managed to drag myself out of the house to let the kids play for a bit.  It was a relatively nice spring day and I knew that the cold would be returning shortly (which it did) so we had better take advantage of the nice day.  It's amazing how stir crazy the kids get by the end of the winter...and nothing you suggest to do inside will do.  Art, painting, Play-Doh, even cooking or baking all get a big NO!  All they want to do is GO OUTSIDE!!  I can't blame them though.  I get a bit stir crazy myself after 3 or 4 months of cold, gloomy gray and snow.  I can't wait for the next few warm days because I'll be starting to clear the weeds out of the strawberry garden, preparing our new second garden for planting, working on some landscaping and restarting my worm composting (don't worry if you don't know what worm composting is.  I'll post about that another time.  The kids thinks it's pretty cool and worms are the easiest pets you'll ever own.).

As I was finishing up throwing the baked beans in the crockpot, I could hear Ethan starting to get pretty fussy on a blanket in the living room.  All of a sudden he got really quiet so I peeked around the couch and this is what I found...a rare moment of brotherly love!  Too cute! 

Aiden consoling his brother by rubbing his head.  Apparently it worked pretty well.  Please excuse the mess! =)

Love!

Brothers watching cartoons together.

Then Ethan saw me and started to get upset again.  He was tired of laying on the ground.  Aiden appeared to be concerned.

Shortly after this, Ethan gave up for the morning and went down for a nap so I took the other two kids out in the front yard for some outside fun.  Then they got cold and wanted to come inside.  We were only outside for about 30 - 45 mins, but it's amazing how much children can do in half an hour!!

They colored pictures on the driveway with chalk.

Aiden really got into the coloring!  Note the hopscotch board behind him that Brenna begged me to draw and then used once.  Nice!

They played with bubbles.  Aiden ate some bubbles.  And then Aiden.....

SPILLED the bubbles.  He did grab a broom to clean up his mess though!  It's okay, after a winter in the garage the bubble solution pretty much loses all ability to make a bubble.  Better put bubbles on the list of things to buy soon!

Little signs that Spring are on it's way!!!  Hooray!  It just makes me smile! =)



All the big kid bikes are in the storage shed out back, but Aiden's bike was in the garage so they took turns riding around the cul-de-sac.

Then Brenna decided SHE wanted to push Aiden which was pretty funny to watch.

She thought it was pretty funny rolling down the driveway backwards.

Then she decided she was just too tired and needed to rest on the neighbor's lawn.

After we went in, Ethan woke up (it was a short nap) and I held him while the kids had a snack. I snapped these pictures while not looking through the view finder.

I don't think he is a huge fan of the big round camera lens being stuck in his face.  Better get used to it!

See....we do more than just cook!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment