Navigation Bar

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Best Buys of the Week

All of my friends know how much I love coupons.  It's been a long running joke that I use coupons as often as I possibly can.  The trick to using coupons to effectively save money is to only use coupons on items you really need or on items that are on sale.  It also helps that 2 of the stores I shop at double coupons up to 99 cents.  I have also found at Kroger thy have online coupons you can link to your card.  If you can "double stack" coupons (meaning use a coupon linked to my card on top of using a double coupon) you can usually walk out with FREE stuff!  It's really almost like a game!!  Sure I know that my loyalty card let's the store know exactly what I'm buying and exactly what my buying habits are, but frankly I don't care.  They can track me getting free or cheap stuff all they want.  I say let them watch me cheat the man!!

Some of my friends want to know just how much I save so I think I may start highlighting the really good deals I find each week.  So here are this weeks good deals from Kroger.  How much do you think I paid for all this??
  • 1 package Yakisoba soup
  • 1 container Dannon strawberry yogurt
  • 2 boxes Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat linguine
  • 2 boxes Ronzoni Garden Delight rotini pasta
  • 4 boxes Ronzoni Smart Taste rotini pasta
$1.70


That's right...a whole $1.70!!  All of the items were part of a buy 10 items get $5.00 off promotion except the Yakisoba soup.  I had to buy a box of Ritz crackers for $1.99 as the 10th item which is still a good price for the crackers.  At Wal-Mart they are usually $2.50.   Here's the breakdown:

-The Yakisoba soup was $1.09.  $.50 coupons doubled to $1.00.  Total was $.09.
-Yogurt was $1.49.  $.50 coupon doubled to $1.00.  Total was $.49
-2 boxes of Healthy Harvest were $.49 each.  $1.00 off 2 boxes made them FREE with $.02 extra off total bill. 
-2 boxes of Garden Delight were $.49 each.  $1.00 off 2 boxes made them FREE with $.02 extra off total bill.
-4 boxes of Smart Taste were $.79 each.  2 coupons for $1.00 off 2 boxes made them $.29 each.

I'm no professional couponer, but I'd still say pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment