Navigation Bar

Friday, March 18, 2011

Leprechaun Hunt (Part 2)

Cooking is not the only thing that goes on in our home on St. Patrick's Day.  Although I'm only Irish through marriage, I still feel it is my responsibility to make a huge production on almost all major holidays...thus giving me a reason to cook huge meals.  This is the fourth year in a row that "The Leprechaun" has visited our house and it just hit me that our Leprechaun still has no name.  So without further ado, this year I dubbed our Leprechaun Charlie O'Sheen.  I felt it an appropriate name due to recent rantings from the real Charlie Sheen which make him appear to be rather nutty and what is crazier than the thought of a little man dressed in green playing tricks and trying to keep his pot of gold hidden at the end of a rainbow.  I have realized that there are indeed, quite a few similarities between our Leprechaun and his namesake.  Here are the Top 10 I could come up with.
  1. I am tired of pretending like my Leprechaun isn't special, just like Charlie Sheen.  Although he's not quite a rock star from Mars, he is a rock star from Ireland.
  2. My Leprechaun, funny enough, also has tiger blood and Adonis DNA.  They might just be related.
  3. In the 4 years my kids have tried to catch him, they successfully haven't because he's just too fast.  Like Charile Sheen, he has one speed, and that's GO!
  4. Much like Charlie Sheen, my Leprechaun knows an awful lot of trolls.
  5. Both my Leprechaun and Charlie Sheen like to keep their pot hidden.  Both deny even having it in the first place! 
  6. My Leprechaun will never be caught, because like the real Charlie Sheen, he's WINNING!!  In fact I do believe he is also bi-winning....he wins here and he wins there!
  7. Every year I watch my kids get bested by my little green man.  Like the real Charlie Sheen, my Leprechaun believes that hope is for suckers and fools.  Sorry kids, no hope in ever catching Charlie O'Sheen! 
  8. My Leprechaun is also rolling out magic, bro!
  9. For a very short period of time, they are both the biggest stars in the world.
  10. Charlie Sheen is grandiose because he lives a grandiose life...so does my Leprechaun.
Let me tell you, it's getting extremely hard coming up with a different Leprechaun Hunt every year that now has to both keep the interest of AND actively include a 10 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old.  I think I did pretty good this year.  364 more days to come up with something new.  Enjoy the pictures of my kids trying to catch that tricky Charlie O'Sheen. 

Brenna and Aiden taking a break from cake baking.  There's always time for a hug!  =)

This year Charlie O'Sheen left Magic Leprechaun Dust for my kids.  Don't worry....it's just pistachio pudding!

I had to take a picture in the Secret Underground Leprechaun Lair.  I knew I would never get a good picture of it once the kids got their hands on it.  Mom is always right!!

Every year, Charlie O'Sheen leaves a letter for Tyler to find in the mailbox with instructions about what they are to do this year.  They had to each find a number attached to something green in their bedrooms, youngest to oldest and with no assistance from anyone else.  The numbers then had to be arranged in the correct order to open a combination lock which that sneaky Leprechaun placed on our storage shed.

How cool!  The Master Lock company just happens to manufacture locks now in green!!  Very festive!

Tyler received the letter....

and read the instructions to his sister.

Youngest first...Aiden quickly located the number 1!!

"Number One"

Brenna looking for Number 2.
Still looking....
Still looking....Ah Ha!  On the green St. Patrick's Day library book.
Number 19!!

Tyler looking for the 3rd number.

Still looking.  Don't worry, Brenna and Aiden weren't helping...only dancing!

What's in here?

The 3rd number!  Yeah....on this shredded money.  Technically it's something green!!

Number 9!!

Working out all the possible combinations.  Don't worry....for those mathematically impaired people, there are only 6 possible combinations.  Charlie O'Sheen isn't THAT mean!!

Trying to open the lock.
Still trying....Aiden wasn't interested in this part much.  He did like Brenna's new pink soccer ball though and was very happy to be playing outside in the beautiful mid 60 degree day!!  Perfect weather for the Leprechaun Hunt!

After about 10 minutes of trying he finally got it open!

Is Charlie O'Sheen still in there?!?

Nope....just missed him again....there's always next year!

Brenna with the Magic Leprechaun Dust.

Brenna poured in the Dust.

Tyler poured in the milk....look at that concentration!!

Aiden got to shake, shake, shake!!

Thank goodness for TIGHT fitting lids!

Brenna got to shake, shake, shake (all while trying to keep it away from Aiden who apparently wasn't done shaking).

Tyler got to shake, shake, shake.  Very intense shaking!


While the kids were shaking up the Magic Leprechaun Dust I managed to snap some shots of my littlest little lad all decked out in green.  Isn't he cute?!?  3 1/2 months old.






Look....Mommy actually got in a picture!

Me and the 4 kids!  We took about 10 pictures and this was the best one.  The more kids you have, the less picky you get about them ALL looking.

3 Lads and 1 Lassie.  The luck of the Irish gave them to me! =)

A rare photo of me and my husband together in a picture.  Thanks Tyler!

Brenna eating her apple cake and Leprechaun Dust.  She said the pudding was nasty, but still ate it all.
Tyler thought the pudding was nasty and did NOT eat it.  It tasted almost like cherries.  He hates cherry almost as much as he hates mint and soda!  He liked the cake though.

Aiden ate all the cake AND pudding!  Go figure!

My mom sent these funny hats, but I forgot to put them on for the group picture.  Oh well.  They still look cute in them individually!

Me and my Leprechaun Princess/Assistant Chef.

I love this picture.  St. Patrick's Day makes Ethan sleepy!

Aiden in his hat!


HAPPY  ST.  PATRICK'S  DAY  FROM  THE FITZWATER  FAMILY!!

7 comments:

  1. This is genius! I never thought of this sort of thing for a St. Patrick's Day event. Well played, madame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Heather! #1 Mom of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed seeing your beautiful family. Thanks for sharing. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! I wish I was one of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post give such a good information about manufacturing locks Store’s and you sold their products at affordable price.

    floor locks & appliance casters

    ReplyDelete