Navigation Bar

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner Duty for Hubby!!


So my night was ruined...and not by Aiden.  I was feeling fine all morning long.  Took Tyler to a chess event at the library to meet his friend Josh and was fine pretty much the entire 2 hours.  During the last 15 mins. I started feeling a little ill.  Sorry in advance to my friend with a germ phobia.  I am sure I was breathing sick air on you all day!  I was extremely cold, despite wearing a sweater and the fact that it was nice enough to go outside WITHOUT a coat on!  I shivered the entire way home, walked in the house and took some Tylenol myself.  It helped a little, but not much.  So my husband offered to take over dinner duties for tonight.  I was so proud of how hard he worked to provide a delicious and nourishing meal that I had to photo the steps in case you ever need to recreate this culinary masterpiece!  


Step 1:  Gather all needed ingredients.  Please note that 2 $5 bills are not necessary.  You can pretty much substitute 1 $10 bill, 10 $1 dollar bills, even 1,000 pennies if you should need to get rid of that pesky change.  Really any type of American currency will do.  It also doesn't matter if the new currency is in the old form or new form.
Step 2: Taking the cell phone in either your right hand (if you are right handed) or left hand if you are left handed (but in the right mind...just a little joke for my lefty friends out there), use the index finger of your opposite hand to dial the number of your preferred pizza making facility.  You will need to specify to the person on the other end exactly what toppings you want.  At my house we go for quantity over quality, because honestly if you slap some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on a piece of cardboard and call it pizza, my children will most likely eat it!  A designated time will then be given to you.

Step 3: Set timer for specified amount of time, then proceed to get in vehicle of choice (or walk or bike if you live close enough or are just eco-friendly) and drive to pizza place.  Bring pizza home and place gently on table.
Step 4: Carefully lift lid of packaging.  Take a moment to stop and reflect on the hard work you've put in so far.  You really do deserve a congratulatory pat on the back so go ahead!  Pat your back!!
Step 5: Place desired amount of pizza on plate.  This will need to be adjusted to each person dining with you.  Once cooled to a suitable temperature, commence eating pizza.
For desert I decided to go with the very elegant cup of decaf tea.  After painstakingly placing mug in the microwave I pressed the "Beverage" feature on my very expensive appliance and let it do it's magic.  I then steeped a very high quality Great Value Decaffeinated Tea bag for approximately 5 mins before removing from the water and discarding.
I think added my standard 2% milk and honey.  Every dessert needs a little touch of sweetness, right?  Generally a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, but sorry Mary Poppins, honey made the Tylenol go down just as easily I might add.  Yes, I take my tea English style.  Pip Pip Cheerio!

I really hate feeling like this.  I'm not quite "sick enough" to be out of commission, but I'm definitely still cold and achy which would classify me for the "Kind of, Sort of" sick category.  If I'm not vomiting, then technically I still have to take care of the little ones.  No sick days for a stay at home Mom...especially when those little ones are sick too!!  So why am I up posting instead of sleeping?  Because I can't sleep, so why not blog instead?  I currently do have a fever of 102 so I'm off to drink my third round of "dessert" with Tylenol and then try to go to sleep.  Thank goodness for spell check tonight!!  Blah!

2 comments:

  1. I feel you really caught the essence of a dad's cooking... and the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great dinner. We will definitely be trying this one in the near future i'm sure. I hope you and Aiden feel better soon! HUGS

    ReplyDelete