Navigation Bar

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found out a few days ago that March was National Peanut Butter Month.  I felt this was a good enough reason to make some peanut butter cookies (although I guess I don't really need a reason to make cookies other than they are delicious and I love them).  Unfortunately, I was notified of this important celebratory news on the very LAST day of March which happened to be the same night of my husband's award banquet Trying to squeeze in a little baking on top of the huge To Do list I had that day just wasn't going to happen...not even for peanut butter!

Yesterday (being April Fool's Day) I had a conversation with my daughter that went like this:

Me: Did you know April is National Peanut Butter Month?
Brenna: It is??  Mom, are you kidding me??
Me: April Fools...it's actually March!
Brenna: Silence and staring....
Me: Let's make peanut butter cookies to celebrate.
Brenna: Can we add chocolate chips?
Me: Sure
Brenna: Can we watch a movie tonight?
Me: That's a good idea.

Okay....so I will admit that I am probably THE worst April Fool's Day prankster in history, but I did end up with some amazing cookies and a family movie night out of the conversation.  We watched Tangled, which was really cute, but I honestly think these cookies were the star of the night.  I have made a lot of peanut butter cookies in my life and eaten even more and honestly this is probably the best recipe I've tried.  They were moist, chewy and had just the right amount of both peanut butter and chocolate flavor without one overpowering the other.  My apologies to my friends and family for not being able to send you one through the computer!!  They also make a good breakfast...I should know since I ate 2 of them this morning!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (I got 26 very good sized cookies)

1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp light corn syrup
2 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c Nestle mini chocolate chips

I forgot to set the butter out to soften, so we had to wait awhile to bake the cookies. She was a tad bit upset about this, but I eventually talked her into finishing her Olivia cut out to pass the time.  I might be able to bake a mean cookie, but I'm no artist!  The bows were her idea though.  Cute!

Ethan didn't want to color so he just sat there and monitored the softening butter...a VERY important tassk.

In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and peanut butter.

The brown and white sugar.

Assistant Chef adding the sugars.

Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.  She wanted Butter to watch her cook today.  Yes, she named her bear Butter herself when she was 2....guess I should have known she was going to like cooking.

I guess Butter was having a good time. 

Once the Assistant Chef was done mixing I helped a little with the electric hand mixer.

Remaining wet ingredients.

Beat in the eggs one at a time.

Stir in the corn syrup, vanilla extract and the water.

Assistant Chef adding the water.

Coming along nicely!!

In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.

Add the dry ingredients to the peanut mixture and mix well.
Almost done!!

Add in the mini chocolate chips....

and mix well.

Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 mins.

Remove from oven and let rest on the cookie sheet for an additional minute.  Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.

Finished cookies...with milk of course!

YUMMY!!


Recipe for: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
www.momsaysjustonebite.blogspot.com
To prepare: Preheat oven to 375°.  Recipe yields approximately 2 dozen good sized cookies.

Ingredients
Directions
     ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
     ½ c. creamy peanut butter
     1 c. brown sugar
     ½ c. white sugar
     2 large eggs
     2 tbsp. light corn syrup
     2 tbsp. water
     2 tsp. vanilla extract
     2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
     1 tsp. baking soda
     ½ tsp. salt
     1 c. Nestle mini chocolate chips



1.       In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
2.       Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3.       Add the corn syrup, water and vanilla and mix well.
4.       In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
5.       Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and blend well.
6.       Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
7.       Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
8.       Remove from the oven and let rest on the cookie sheet for 1 additional minute. 
9.       Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.  Store in an airtight container.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. We may have to make those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy-MAKE THEM! They taste as good as they look! I would let you have one, but they are all gone. I'll make them for the next playdate I host or attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture captioned "I guess Butter was having a good time" is the BEST Brenna photo!! Love her!!

    These look sooooo yummy! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete